Peggy Schlatter is the East Rockaway School District’s new Parent Coordinator. Ms. Schlatter will be assisting in all three district buildings and serve as a liaison and point of contact between our administration and building principals and our school families. Some of Ms. Schlatter’s duties in this position include:
- Attending school district and PTA events, and encouraging our families’ participation at these functions
- Serving as a contact for incoming Kindergarten registrants, as well as all new entrants, and assisting with Kindergarten Orientation
- Keeping all families and members of our school community informed regarding events and news, including writing submissions about school events for posting on our website and in the local media
- Participating in the Prevention Task Force, Communications Sub-Committee, Engage Every Family Building Action Team and other district decision-making groups
- Coordinating and sharing events with the East Rockaway Village, Public Library, Recreation Center and other local organizations
Ms. Schlatter started her career in the fields of journalism, public relations, advertising and marketing communications. She earned a BA in Communications from Queens College and a Master’s Degree in Communications from New York Institute of Technology. After becoming a mother to three children, Ms. Schlatter went back to school and earned a teaching degree. She has been an educator for more than 15 years, earning a Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from Adelphi University. Most recently, Ms. Schlatter has taught pre-K at a private school in North New Hyde Park. She also ran a summer recreation program for children ages 2 through 6 for nine years. Her hobbies include running, yoga and boating on Long Island’s beautiful South Shore.
She can be reached at email@example.com or at the following phone number: (516) 887-8300, Ext. 424